Ontario Environment and Cleantech Business and Policy Forum
Tuesday April 30, 2019
Keynote for the Environment and Cleantech Business and Policy Forum announced:
The Adaptation Challenge: Insurance costs, climate change and the environment and cleantech sector.
Canada’s insurance industry has been concerned about the impact of climate change for some time. Severe weather events cost Canadian insurers almost $2-billion in 2018, with a major part of this damage coming from flooding and windstorms in Ontario and Quebec. How is the insurance industry addressing the adaptation challenge? What drivers will this introduce to the environmental business market in coming years? Paul Kovacs, CEO of the Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction, will offer his take on this pressing issue in the keynote address to the Ontario Environment and Cleantech Business and Policy Forum April 30 – REGISTER NOW!
The keynote address is just one of the many reasons more than 150 executives and senior investment and policy people from across our sector will attend. The day will also feature:
- Our annual “Money, Markets and Opportunities” panel will see speakers from the investment world focus on the challenges and opportunities facing Ontario’s environment and cleantech companies
- Our morning “Growing outside Ontario” panel that features perspectives on global and Canadian markets for environmental solutions
- A luncheon discussion with Deputy Minister Giles Gherson (Red Tape Reduction), moderated by former Environment Minister and Senior VP, Greenfield Global, John Wilkinson
- Presentations from some of Ontario’s emerging environment and cleantech startups at our annual QuickPitch #entrepreneur competition
- A series of afternoon “off-the-record” roundtables with senior officials from a range of ministries on a number of topics, including waste, organics, water / wastewater / stormwater, brownfields, soil, approvals reform, and others
- PLUS – an afternoon networking and master mentoring session for emerging young professionals featuring former Environmental Commissioner Dr. Dianne Saxe.
DATE: April 30, 2019
TIME: 7:30 AM registration opens; programming 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM followed by a networking reception
LOCATION: DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown, 108 Chestnut Street Toronto ON M5G 1R3
TO REGISTER: https://2019oneiabpf.eventbrite.com
We look forward to seeing you there!