As reported in Timmins Today, the Mattagami First Nation, a northern Ontario Indigenous community, is suing CN Rail for alleged environmental and cultural damage caused by two 2015 derailments that led to significant oil spills. The Mattagami First Nation alleges in its statement of claim that the spills near Gogama, Ont., damaged the local environment and […]
Author Archive for: johnnicholson
About John Nicholson
Cleantech and environmental professional with over 25 years of experience in cleantech start-ups, environmental consulting, environmental law, and government.
John has been the editor of Hazmat Management Magazine (www.hazmatmag.com) since early 2016, having served as the business and technology columnist for the previous 12 years. Hazmat Management Magazine, founded in 1989, is one of the first environmental business trade publications in Canada and has a currently readership of over 12,000 environmental professionals in North America.
Entries by John Nicholson
Market Insight Reports recently released Global Emergency Spill Response Market Research Report 2017 to 2022 that presents an in-depth assessment of the Emergency Spill Response including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, standardization, regulatory landscape, deployment models, operator case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents […]
Save the date: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 The Berkley Canada (a Berkley Company) Environmental Team is pleased to confirm we will be offering two Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) accredited courses: Environmental Insurance – Introduction; and Environmental Insurance – Advanced Topics. The courses are open to commercial insurance brokers, asset managers, risk managers, insurance […]
Hazmat Management Magazine’s weekly e-newsletter is distributed to over 18,000 environmental, cleantech, and hazmat professionals in North America. Have your company’s product or service included in our company profile section of HazMat Management’s weekly e-newsletter or web site. Starting at only $695.00 per month (4 times) for the e-newsletter, advertising in Hazmat Magazine provides your […]
- Industrial Absorbents Market to Exceed $4.7 Billion by 2023February 6, 2019 - 11:22 am
- Canada’s draft 2019–2022 Federal Sustainable Development Strategy: Impacts on Clean Technology and Brownfield DevelopmentJanuary 4, 2019 - 4:10 pm
- Technology Simultaneously Measures 71 Elements in WaterDecember 27, 2018 - 1:05 pm
- United States: Successor Liability for Environmental LiabilitiesDecember 12, 2018 - 9:55 am
- Environmental Convictions & Contaminated Property: Ontario Summary for 2018November 21, 2018 - 5:18 pm
- Financing Soil Remediation: Exploring the use of financing instruments to blend public and private capitalNovember 21, 2018 - 2:44 pm