Alleged safety violations by Irving company were found during probe triggered by Lac-Mégantic investigation
Author Archive for: hazzmatt1
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud hazzmatt1 contributed a whooping 150 entries.
Entries by hazzmatt1
A new ASTM International standard helps with pressure testing certain containers that are used to transport hazardous materials.
International Air Transport Association (IATA), International Maritime Organization (IMO), Tile 49 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR), & Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Documentation No one wants to talk about their weight. Ever. In the world of transport though, you have no choice. You are required to list on your transport paperwork some sort of weight, […]
by Stan Berger, Fogler Rubinoff On March 22, 2018 the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in MVL Leasing Ltd. v CCI Group Inc. 2018 ONSC 1800 granted Rule 21 motions striking third party claims brought by an environmental consultant who was being sued by a purchaser of property for professional negligence and breach of contract. […]
Plaintiffs with property damage claims under the Massachusetts cleanup law have more time to bring their claim than might be expected under the three-year statute of limitations according to a recent ruling by the top Massachusetts court.
The U.S. Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a Project Notification indicating its plans to begin preliminary research to evaluate the EPA’s implementation and enforcement of the Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP Rule).
Industry performance reflects favorable economic conditions, but future growth is jeopardized by retrograde environmental policy
This study, published in Science of the Total Environment (Vogel et al. 2018, vol. 628-629, 1027-1036) illustrates how microbes and nanomaterials can work in combination for targeted remediation.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) recently launched Dangerous Goods AutoCheck (DG AutoCheck), a new innovative solution for the air cargo industry, which will enhance safety and improve efficiency in the transport of dangerous goods by air, and support the industry’s goal of a fully digitised supply chain. “The air transport industry handles over 1.25 […]
New pilot project cracks down on collusion and will track where contaminated soil is dumped
- Court Upholds Decision That The Ministry May Order Current And Former Owners, And Tenants To Delineate Contamination That Has Migrated Off-SiteSeptember 23, 2018 - 9:13 pm
- Dangerous Goods Industry Survey Identifies Compliance ChallengesSeptember 23, 2018 - 8:52 pm
- Oil Spill Response Management Market – Industry Study & PredictionsSeptember 18, 2018 - 7:07 pm
- Environmental Consultant’s Disclaimer of Liability to Vendor effective against Third Party PurchaserAugust 28, 2018 - 7:21 pm
- Environmental Job Market Trends in Canada 2014-2017August 28, 2018 - 6:58 pm
- The National Brownfield Summit – A Brief RecapJuly 16, 2018 - 4:17 pm